2018 Membership Registration Coming Soon
You want to be here in 2018. Sailing at Ottawa's Lac Deschênes Sailing Club is like going to the cottage for the day, right in the middle of the city. Look down river and you'll see skyscrapers. Look up river and take in the mountains. You choose which way you want to go. (Okay, the wind might have some impact, but you get the idea!)
Registration for past members starts March 1, 2018 and ends March 31, 2018.
New member registration will start on April 1, 2018.
Stay tuned for more details on how to become a member of Ottawa's best kept secret!
The spirit, essence and history of LDSC is based upon the volunteer effort and commitment of the present and past members of the club. The operation of the club and the services it provides to its members is depends almost entirely upon the member's volunteer efforts. Dock construction and maintenance, maintenance, the racing and training programs, social and special events, communications, publicity, membership, and routine administration are some of the many tasks performed by the membership.
Each individual adult member is required to cheerfully contribute volunteer work duties as outlined in the membership form.
There are five membership categories at LDSC. The first three are sailing memberships, the latter two are social and newsletter only. Sailing memberships include the use of club facilities for the season (the LDSC season is defined as five months; May through early October) and one of the following boat options:
- A dry-moored dinghy or cat
- A wet-moored boat
- Use of club-boats
Membership Types: defining the privileges and responsibilities of each member
- Senior Member
- Voting, sailing, and social privileges. Participates in work parties and race committees.
- Junior Member
- Under 18 years on January 1st: sailing and social privileges
- Student Member
- 18 years and over on January 1st and full time student: sailing and social privileges
- Alumnus Social Member
- Partipates in social activities: no other duties or privileges
- Out-of-Town Member
- Residence more than 120km from LDSC: no mooring spot & no sailing or social privileges
- Crew Member
- Participates in sailing as the crew of another member, full duties required as per a senior member